New Contributor
KernelSoftware
Accepted Solution

L300 Firmware Update not working

I just added an L300 to a network hosted by vSpace V6.6.2.3 on Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1.  The new device indicates it has firmware V0.1.0.11.  I follow the suggested update method (select the device, right click and select update, Update, and close the vSpace console, and wait a few minutes).  I do not get any error messages, but the device firmware is not updated.  If I go to the new device and request a firmware update from there, I get a message indicating no new firmware is available.  Yet, on the vSpace info page, it lists V1.6 as available.  How do I get the update to go?  Thank you!

New Contributor
KernelSoftware

Re: L300 Firmware Update not working

In the past, vSpace upgrades included both the intermediate firmware update kit needed to update clients with firmware version 0 and the latest firmware update kit.  However, vSpace version 6.6.2.3 does not include that intermediate update kit.  Thus, if you have a client with version 0 firmware, you must download the intermediate firmware update kit from http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8588727/1.0.0.3%20Firmware.zip and install it first.  The kit includes instructions for copying the kit files to the Bootsrv folder of the vSpace installation.  Once done, you must restart the vSpace server.  Then, perform two firmware updates in the normal fashion.  The first will install the intermediate kit and the second will install the latest kit.

Occasional Contributor
bavo.bostoen

Why make it harder when it used to work in the previous version of vSpace?

It makes no sense to me that one should have to go through this where it simply worked before.

Best,

Bavo

richs

Your response is valid, but please remember that when creating our installer and downloads, we have to accommodate regions of the world that do not have the advantage of plentiful bandwidth. We believe that most will have current enough FW that this will not create an issue, and so, we removed the additional FW updates.

We also realize, that like yourself, some will need the intermediate update kit and so we made it available separately for those who need it. 

Occasional Visitor
raufdean

Hi,

I have just tried to add an L300 to a network with a vspace server running version 6.6.23

The L300 has firmware version 1.0.001-0005, and will not update to the 1.60 firmware

I have tried your instructions to update to the intermediate firmware version 1.0.0.3, but I think the current  1.0.001-0005  firmware is a higher version number. 

Could you please let me know how to fix this...

Many thanks,

Rauf

Frequent Visitor
randyryan

I installed Filezilla FTP on a server and copied the firmware files over to it.  In the update menu on the L300, select the select firmware line and put in your ftp server name.  On the bottom line, delete the local server name so all you have left is the firmware file.  It will then go to your ftp server and download the requested firmware.

Don't know why they make it so hard to do something like updating the firmware.  Should be much easier than this.

Occasional Contributor
marufas

I have the same problem as you have. My terminal has FW 1.0.001-0005 and Intermediate update kit does not update my L300 device. If I try to upgrade to 1.0.0.3 it says "Firmware upgrade aborted due to mage file error"

Occasional Contributor
marufas

I found a workaround how to update from 1.0.1 version to 1.6. We need to upgrade first to 1.3.0.5 and then to 1.6. I found old virtual machine with VSpace version 6.5.1.1 and it had 1.3.0.5 FW to upgrade. 

Occasional Visitor
brozett

I have two terminal servers running on server 08 VMs.  Both are running vSpace V6.6.2.3 and show that the available firmware is V1.6.  One server updated the clients but the other did not.  The clients are running V1.4.1 and just will not update.  Any idea what gives?

New Contributor
jborregoy2k

Hi, same problem, tied to upgrade to 1.0.0.3 from 0.10.11.1011 but it says that the upgrade file is corrupt (I'm running vSpace 6.6.2.3)

Also tried with the FTP with Filezilla Server but is not possible to even check the FTP location in the Update Tab in the L300  (button grey, not available for selection)

Is there any way to get an old vSpace version that comes with the intermediate version needed?

I hope next version comes with full back compatibility, because I bought a new L300 and not even the CD that comes inside have the correct update version.

Thanks,

Jorge