Occasional Contributor
EcoTech

vSpace software is corrupted. Please reinstall it

This message is displayed by the tray icon in Windows.  I have repeatedly reinstalled the software, including a full removal and reboot, from a CD and from the downloaded file.  Nothing stops it.

vSpace version: 6.6.2.3

Clients: L300

I've run out of things to try.  Any suggestions?

Frequent Contributor
ronaldrosa

Re: vSpace software is corrupted. Please reinstall it

Shalon Adonai,

Try do it:

1) backup

2) reinstall OS

3) install drivers the motherboard

4) disable firewall

5) disable windows update

6) install vspace

7) register vspace

8) create a account with password

9) try use.

God bless you.

Lucas 15:7

"Behold, the days come, saith the Lord GOD, that I will send a famine in the land,
not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD" Amos 8:11
##################################################
skype: suporte2gemini / email-gtalk: ronald@geminisistemas.com
Brazil / Rio de Janeiro / (55) 21 - 2797-3054
Occasional Contributor
EcoTech

If that's what it takes, I aint using it.  It would be easier to give the user his own computer, or put in a new server.  There's got to be an easier way.

Frequent Contributor
MattA

When you uninstall, and then reboot, run our cleanup script utility.  This should ONLY be run if you're on W2K8r2, we have a different version for W2K3.  It is located here: http://tinyurl.com/cleanupscript

Also when you reinstall, do NOT install from the CD and then do an update.  I'm not sure what version is on the CD.  Simply go to the NComputing download site and get the most current software from there, install it directly after an uninstall.

Frequent Contributor
MattA

[ Edited ]

Yup, it's frustrating, sorry.  I'm not sure what's causing that behavior, could be the AV, but make sure you run that cleanup script I provided and do an install from a direct download.  Let us know.  BTW - like a lot of software installs, we do suggest that the AV be turned off.  Please make sure that is the case, or that it's temporarily removed.

Occasional Contributor
EcoTech

Thanks MattA.  That sounds more promising than reinstalling the OS.

However, I'm running Windows 7 Pro x64 SP1 (with a single terminal).  Is there a cleanup utility for that?

I did disable the AV and firewall before installing.

I noticed also that there is a .msi file provided on the CD but it won't run.  I used the vSpace_6.6.2.3_setup.exe file directly.  Might that be a problem?

Frequent Contributor
MattA

Using the EXE in lieu of the MSI should not have caused this behavior.  When you download from our site, the MSI should work just fine.  The cleanupscript is for the 64b OS so should be just fin on Win7 as the same directory structure and reg keys are created for both Win7 and W2k8r2.  Keep me updated on your progress.

Occasional Contributor
EcoTech

MattA, I'm still pursuing this but struggling.  Can I clarify a couple of points?

The way I read your post, the cleanup script at  http://tinyurl.com/cleanupscript is only for W2K3. Is that correct? - you could read it either way.

If that is right, I can't locate any other cleanup script.  Can you tell me where to find it?

And finally, the downloaded .zip file doesn't contain a .msi, just the .exe and release notes.  Can you confirm it is ok to use the .exe?

Many thanks - Frank

Frequent Contributor
MattA

Frank - sorry for the confusion.  No, the cleanupscript is for vSpace v6 which is for the W2k8r2 OS or Win7 OS.  If you need W2K3, it's a different script which I can provide in another post.

Regarding the download, it's a ZIP file.  Once you extract that you'll see a PDF file and an EXE file.  Go ahead and launch the EXE file and do your install.  If you should want' an MSI file, then CANCEL the install a the first opportunity you see that in a dialog box.  The first thing the EXE does on launch is exctract an MSI file so you'll see that reside in the directory but only after you first launch the install and then cancel.  For your purposes, just continue with the install, all should be fine.

Hope that helps

Occasional Contributor
EcoTech

Matt,
Thanks - that clarifies that, but I'm still struggling. Here's what I did:
1. Fresh download of vSpace_Server_6.6.2.3.zip and vSpace_6_cleanup.zip.
2. Unpack both and save.
3. Uninstall the existing vSpace application.
- Not simple - it fails with the message "Another application has exclusive access to the file C:\Program Files\NComputing\NComputing vSpace\csl200.col. Please shut down all other applications, then click Retry."
The other application turns out to be two services belonging to nComputing vSpace called Multiuser Service and Boot Server Service. If you stop them the uninstallation can be done.
4. Reboot.
5. Delete all shortcuts and references including the ones in the Start menu.
6. Run vSpace_6_cleanup.vbs - results in an orderly reboot.
7. Temporarily stop the AV and firewall (AVG).
8. Install to the default location from the newly downloaded vSpace_6.6.2.3_setup.exe dated 22Feb2012, including accepting all three device drivers.
9. Reboot - ten new device drivers are installed.
10. Reboot again.
Result: Red nComputing logo in the system tray with the message, "vSpace software is corrupted. Please reinstall it."

Seen from the L300 client, the server shows as a branch of the Available Connections tree with and empty name. It won't accept a connection from there.  If I enter the host IP address and connect to that, the result is a blue screen at the server and the client freezes but then recovers.

A bit of history here.  This server was working happily with the previous version of vSpace and an LG net monitor as the client.  Eventually it stopped working when (I think) the server software updated itself but the client could not.  As the LG client was no longer supported I was persuaded to purchase an L300 and monitor to replace it.  That came with a newer version of vSpace on the CD, which I first installed, then went on to try to make it work suing the downloaded version.  That setup has never worked and that's where we came in.

I'm really hoping you can help me out here.  There are some schools out there wanting to virtualise their IT and I've been saying what good value this is.  I'll look bad if they start falling over.