New Contributor
petarnik

Windows 7 and XD 2

I have a PC running windows 7 ultimate and have X550. I have set up one terminal with XD2 and everything is fine up to the point where a user has to log in on the terminal.

At first I was getting a message that the user cannot log in because the user is not password protected. Via the Windows 7 setting I have set a password for the user.

Than I got the message that user grups do not have permiotn to log in. I went to Allow remote desktop acess in the windows settings menu and added Everyone in the allow field.

Now when the user tries to log in via the terminal, they get the following message:

"The requested station access is denied"

I did not have any of there problems when I was running windows XP and was able to run up to three terminals out of the box without any tweaking. \

I am running VSpace 6.2.4.10 for Windows 7. 

Can someone point me in the right direction?

New Contributor
D4M3

Re: Windows 7 and XD 2

I'm curious; what are your specs, version of Win7(that includes whether you have a Service Pack installed or not), and do all of the cards initialize successfully?

Because, on Win XP, and Vista, I can only get two cards to work.Windows 7, doesn't even boot anymore after I install the vSpace software and reboot to get it working, on Ubuntu I get ALL cards working, but on WinXP im limited to a sheer 10 station limit, and these PC's came with 3 X550 cards in them.I have 4 students currently left without a computer.

New Contributor
petarnik

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate with SP 1. I have only one card and initiates OK. The problem happens when I tryt to log from the terminal using the XD2. Which leads me to believe WIN7 is the culprint. A friend of mine ran 5 on XP without any problem. 

ANy help ius appreciated

NComputing Employee
AlexF

Check to make sure you don't have any group policies that prevent regular users from making a remote session connection.  This is usually the culprit with this error.

As you pointed out you didn't have this issue on XP and that would be because Windows 7 introduced. 

One way you can check this is by creating a local user and seeing if it can log in.  Also try using an Admin to login via the XD2 Box